Jobs & Volunteering
Work with us!
Thank you for your interest in StreetInvest.
There are currently no openings within our organisation.
Please check again soon.
Volunteer with us!
We are currently looking for support in the following areas. (Please expand the sections to see more information about each role)
We are looking for a Trustee (and company director) of the charity with particular responsibility for overview and direction of the finances and risk management of the organization.
This is a Non-executive role as Trustee and Board member. The particular finance responsibilities make this a relatively ‘hands-on’ role, working with the finance manager who works 12 hours a week to see that the Board is adequately informed on financial and risk management issues to run the charity effectively.
Commitment: 2 FTE days per month
Reporting Structure: As a Board member this role is necessarily independent of line management, but must work closely with the Chairman, the CEO and the management team to see that appropriate controls are in place and information is produced.
- Trustee and Company director
To have joint responsibility with other Board members but take particular responsibilities for:
- Ensuring compliance with the charity’s governing document, charity law and company law.
- Maintenance of proper financial controls and proper application of funds.
- Setting and maintaining vision, mission, values and high level strategy.
- Production of a board pack for each board meeting and board minutes.
- Supporting the management of the organization, in particular being available to discuss technical issues with the finance manager.
- Drawing up and monitoring policies as necessary to ensure the effective operation of the organization.
- Reviewing and monitoring risk.
- Overview of finance
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organization and see they are legal, constitutional and that reporting meets accepted accounting practice as per the charity SORP.
- Ensure proper records and controls are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports and returns and accounts.
- Work with finance manager on the development of finance policies.
- Finance management
- Oversee the finance function ensuring resource is adequate and records and reporting are up to date.
- Be responsible for relationship with auditor and work with the finance manager to ensure the statutory audited accounts are produced timely.
- Work with management on the structure and design of the annual budget.
- Review cash flow projections, cash management and management of foreign exchange risk.
- Lead on the development of the finance framework and controls.
Essential Qualifications and Skills / Attributes:
- Qualified accountant
- Experienced finance manager
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with StreetInvest’s Mission and Values.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of charities and the charity SORP.
- Experience of working in an international organisation.
- Experience of working in a small organisation.
We are currently looking for support with Google Analytics. We would love to hear from you if you can confidently support us to:
- implement tracking code and set up data filters
- help us monitor visits and downloads from pages
- analyse Audience, Acquisition, and Behaviour reports, and support us set up goals tracking
- practice techniques for comparing users who convert with those who don’t
- Tag manager
- Simplify Data Studio reports
- Google Adwords
COMMITMENT: about 1-2 hours every fortnigh
Interested? Please use the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details…