Jobs & Volunteering
Work with us!
Thank you for your interest in StreetInvest. We are currently recruiting for:
StreetInvest and its partners have the ambitious goal to be reaching 100,000 street-connected children a year through Street Work by 2025. To make this a reality, StreetInvest has in the past three years restructured its programme to focus on building networks of effective Street Work organisations – under the umbrella of the Global Alliance for Street Work – able to maximise the number of children having access to a trustworthy adult Street Worker.
StreetInvest has a small but dedicated supporter base who share its commitment to reaching the most ‘left behind’ children and ensuring no child grows up alone. These supporters contribute through individual giving (both occasional and monthly regular giving), events, campaigns and emergency appeals.
StreetInvest is seeking a highly organised and motivated Fundraising and Engagement officer with superb people skills and a keen eye for detail. The Fundraising and Engagement Officer will implement StreetInvest’s Individual, Community and Events Fundraising Plan, supporting the team to maintain and grow individual giving and strengthen the relationship with our supporter base. Key to this is:
- Linking individual giving, community and events fundraising with StreetInvest’s programmatic work through targeted appeals and effective use of communications such as newsletters and social media.
- Maintaining an accurate an effective supporter database to manage and inform Individual, Community and Events Fundraising activities (Salesforce)
- Supporting the delivery of fundraising events and campaigns
This role will be the central point of contact for staff, trustees and volunteers involved in individual, community and events fundraising, offering logistical and admin support and helping to produce necessary materials and plans to facilitate events and campaigns.
The Fundraising and Engagement Officer coordinates StreetInvest’s recruitment of volunteers and managing ongoing relationships with StreetInvest’s pool of volunteers.
The Fundraising and Engagement Officer will act as the key point of contact for both supporter and public enquiries.
Please apply using the link below, including a detailed cover letter (max 2 sides of A4) outlining how you meet the person specification.
The deadline for applications is 23.59hrs on Wednesday 16th March, with interviews expected to take place w/c 21st March. There is the option for an immediate start for the successful candidate.
Volunteer with us!
We are currently looking for support in the following areas. (Please expand the sections to see more information about each role)
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and self-motivated, interested in the work of StreetInvest and open to learning new systems to work with our Programme Funding Manager.
2 days a week for 2-3 hours per day
This is an unrenumerated, home-based role (out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed)
- To research potential trusts and foundations
- To keep up to date and accurate donor information
- To support the Programme Funding Manager
- To ensure that funding systems are effectively used
- To keep a record of contacts for possible future partnership
- To undertake grant administrative tasks, including documenting concept notes, proposals and reports
- To research about issues that street-connected children face & about innovative solutions
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the objectives of the StreetInvest
- Knowledge of the challenges facing street-connected children
- Awareness of confidentiality/data protection;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage own time and workload, and to prioritise a range of competing demands;
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of databases, email, Microsoft office packages (word processing);
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake other duties as required.
To apply please send us your CV and short email expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
If any of the roles above are of interest but you need further details please email us at email@example.com